TUITION AND FINANCIAL AID
INVEST IN A VALUABLE NURSING EDUCATION
High-Quality Nursing Education for a Rewarding Career ¶
A highly regarded institution known for its long-standing legacy of producing skilled and diligent nurses, The University of Tulsa delivers high-quality nursing education to learners across the U.S. through online education. Our nursing programs equip you with clinical expertise and leadership skills so you can make meaningful career gains, allowing you to realize your full earning potential and feel confident investing in your future at TU.
Online Nursing Program Tuition ¶
|Program||Core Credit Hours||Cost per Credit Hour|
|RN to BSN||35**||$445|
Textbooks are included in the cost of tuition for undergraduate programs. The University of Tulsa offers payment plans of up to six-month installments.
*ABSN Applicants: Please note that the total credit hours required may vary based on your individual official transcript evaluations.
**RN to BSN Applicants: Please note that the total credit hours required may vary based on your individual official transcript evaluations and professional portfolio credit worksheet.
Additional Program Fees
A $150 deposit, applicable toward tuition, is due upon enrollment to TU online nursing programs.
- A $60 fee to register for Typhon, an online immunization, documentation, and clinical tracking storage service. This is due upon initiation of a criminal background check.
- A $40 fee for a 10-panel drug screening scheduled via the GroupOne portal. The screening results must be uploaded into Typhon before attending the skills bootcamp.
- ABSN students are required to hold professional liability insurance and health insurance for clinicals. The liability insurance fee is $25 per semester. If needed, the University can assist students in acquiring health insurance.
- A $60 application fee
- A $60 application fee
- A $60 fee to register for Typhon, an online immunization, documentation, and clinical tracking storage service. You must pay and register at least one week prior to the first day of classes.
- A $40 fee for a 10-panel drug screening scheduled via the GroupOne portal. The screening results must be uploaded into Typhon before starting clinicals.
- A subscription fee of approximately $150 for MedCram, an online library of instructional medical videos. This discounted subscription includes a three-year, all-access package. The program director will provide additional instructions for creating your MedCram account before classes begin.
- AG-ACNP students are required to hold professional liability insurance and health insurance for clinicals. The liability insurance fee is $25 per semester. If needed, the University can assist students in acquiring health insurance.
Thinking about investing in your future at The University of Tulsa? Here are some available financial aid options to support you along the path to your career. Financial aid is disbursed once every eight-week term. Please note that federal financial assistance may be limited for applicants who have already earned a bachelor’s degree. MSN students are not eligible for federal funding as this program is currently in candidacy status with ACEN.
- Federal Pell Grant: Available to undergraduates within the RN to BSN program, this grant provides a maximum award of $6,895. This grant is based on an entitlement computation formula and federal funding, awarded upon filing the FAFSA.
- Direct Subsidized Loans: Awarded based on financial need upon filing the FAFSA, these loans are available to students who are enrolled at least half-time. They can be used for educational costs such as tuition, fees, and classroom materials. The government pays the interest on the loan while students are enrolled in school.
- Direct Unsubsidized Loans: Awarded upon filing the FAFSA, these loans are not based on financial need and are available to students who are enrolled at least half-time. They can be used for educational costs such as tuition, fees, and classroom materials. The borrower is responsible for interest on the loan while in school, but payment can be deferred.
- Private Loans: These non-federal loans are offered through a variety of banks and other lenders (credit unions) and approved on creditworthiness. Students who want to borrow a private loan must apply separately from their FAFSA.
- Outside Scholarship and Grant Opportunities: Administered by organizations such as the American Association of Colleges in Nursing, these are typically awarded as monetary amounts in recognition of academic achievement in nursing.
- Employment Loan Forgiveness Programs: Administered by organizations such as the Health Resources and Services Administration, these programs offer loan repayment assistance for individuals who agree to work in a particular location or within a specific community.
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs: Some employers such as hospitals and clinics offer full or partial tuition reimbursement for nursing degree completion and certifications.
Students seeking need-based financial assistance must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Undergraduate students beginning Fall 2023, Spring 2024, or Summer 2024 should file the 2023-24 FAFSA form. We encourage you to complete your application as soon as possible to determine your financial aid eligibility for the 2023-24 academic year. The University of Tulsa’s school code is 003185.
Want to hear more about online programs at The University of Tulsa?
Fill out the form below, and an admission counselor will reach out to you via email or phone with more information. After you’ve completed the form, you’ll be automatically redirected to learn more about TU and your chosen program.
or call +1 (918) 612-5036
By submitting this form, I am providing my digital signature that The University of Tulsa may email me or contact me regarding educational services by telephone and/or text message utilizing automated technology at the telephone number provided above. I understand this consent is not a condition to attend The University of Tulsa or to purchase any other goods or services.