Advance Your Career. Revitalize Patient Care.
Nursing Career Advancement — In Just 12 Months ¶
You've administered vital care to patients as a registered nurse, but now you're ready to apply that experience in a leadership role that allows you to go beyond the bedside. The University of Tulsa's online RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-BSN) program is designed for RNs who want to take the next step in their career and fast-track the path to nursing leadership.
At TU, you'll receive one-on-one support from our accomplished faculty who take the time to understand your goals and set you on the right course to achieve them. You'll learn new concepts and further develop the soft skills — such as communication, critical thinking, and self-care — that make for well-rounded nurse leaders.
TU graduates rise to the top challenges in healthcare and create future-ready solutions. You're what nursing needs. We're what you need to get there.
Earn Your RN-BSN at TU
Our online RN-BSN, accredited by Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), builds on your existing nursing experience to help you develop new, transformative nursing skills. Our accomplished, committed faculty offer individualized mentorship and career assistance opportunities, taking the time to ensure you're prepared for meaningful career gains.
We include the Roy Adaptation Model, a theoretical framework that gives a holistic and collaborative lens to complex healthcare problems, throughout the curriculum. Here are some general topics you'll encounter in the online RN-BSN coursework:
- The nursing process as a way to help individuals and families adapt to acute disruptions of health
- Social determinants of health and correlations between socioeconomic status and health outcomes
- Skills development in written and oral communication for relevant aspects of nursing
Explore Your Career Potential With an RN-BSN
The RN-BSN program is the perfect fit for registered nurses looking to advance into leadership roles. Take a look at some potential careers you can reach with this degree*:
Median Annual Salary: $91,682
Median Annual Salary: $77,580
Median Annual Salary: $77,054
Median Annual Salary: $73,512
Median Annual Salary: $73,353
Curriculum & Courses
The RN-BSN program is built on 35 core credits and designed for active registered nurses with an associate degree in nursing. No clinicals are required for degree completion.
Online RN-BSN Degree Path
|Term I Courses|
|NSG 3053 Health Assessment||3|
|NSG 3063 Theoretical Frameworks in Nursing||3|
|Term II Courses|
|NSG 4013 Nursing Care of the Family||3|
|ENGL 3003 Writing for the Professions||3|
|Term III Courses|
|NSG 4543 Quality Across Health Care Systems (II)||3|
|NSG 4023 Informatics in Healthcare||3|
|Term IV Courses|
|HCDS 2013 In Sickness and in Health||3|
|NSG 4263 Leadership / Nursing Science V||3|
|Term V Courses|
|AHS 4045: Health Care Research with Statistics||5|
|Term VI Courses|
|NSG 3073 Population Health||3|
|NSG 4643 Capstone||3|
|Total Core Credits||35|
TUITION AND FINANCIAL AID
Are you ready to invest in your future with an online RN-BSN at The University of Tulsa? TU brings you an elite private nursing education at a competitive price and offers pre-semester monthly payment plans for your convenience. Our program equips you with clinical knowledge and leadership skills to achieve your career goals and realize your full earning potential.LEARN MORE
We teach the hard sciences alongside valuable soft skills, preparing you to take the lead in your career.
Our RN-BSN program focuses on development of new skills instead of reteaching nursing practices students already know.
Our faculty includes certified nurse educators and advanced practitioners, with 60% holding a doctorate.
Our educators take the time to provide one-on-one academic support and career guidance.
We shape our programs around current industry needs, preparing you to face them with confidence.
TU grads are consistently recognized as capable leaders by partner hospitals and patients.
THE NEXT CLASS START DATE IS APPROACHING. DON'T WAIT TO APPLY!
Fast Career Advancement
The RN-BSN can be completed in as little as 12 months, allowing you to make efficient, meaningful strides in your career with the added flexibility of online learning.
What You Need for Admission
The University of Tulsa is home to ambitious learners with diverse backgrounds and experiences who seek impactful roles in nursing. Please review the below requirements for admission to the online RN-BSN program at TU.
- Completed application for admission
- Documentation of an active, unencumbered registered nurse license
- The RN-BSN program requires a total of 125 credit hours
- Students must complete at least 35 credit hours at TU
- TU applicants may transfer up to 72 credit hours:
- 50 of those credits count towards general education courses
- 22 of those credits count towards foundational nursing courses
- At least 60 transferable credit hours are required for admission
- Up to 18 additional transfer credits may be awarded upon submission and review of a professional portfolio. Acceptable portfolio materials include:
- Documentation of advanced certification
- Work experience as a registered nurse
- Continuing education program credits
- Professional association membership
- Nursing leadership roles
- Participation in nursing research
- Peer-reviewed publications
- Presentations at healthcare conferences
- Applicants with less than 90 transfer credits (72 + 18 professional) are required to take additional coursework
- Electives and block credits are transferable
- Non-nursing credits earned from regionally accredited colleges and universities are generally transferable if:
- A grade of C or better has been earned in the course
- The University of Tulsa offers a comparable course
- Pass/fail courses are not transferable unless a grade of C or better can be documented
About The University of TulsaThe University of Tulsa is known for its long-standing legacy of producing skilled and hard-working nurses, dating back to its first graduating class from the School of Nursing in 1973. TU's online programs are sharing this reputation of academic excellence with a cohort of learners across the United States, preparing a new generation of future-ready nurses, compassionate caregivers, and nursing leaders to thrive in their field.
Want to hear more about online programs at The University of Tulsa?
Fill out the form below, and an admission counselor will reach out to you via email or phone with more information.
or call +1 (918) 612-5036
By submitting this form, I am providing my digital signature that The University of Tulsa may email me or contact me regarding educational services by telephone and/or text message utilizing automated technology at the telephone number provided above. I understand this consent is not a condition to attend The University of Tulsa or to purchase any other goods or services.