FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Still have questions? ¶
Take a look at our frequently asked questions. Still need answers? Our dedicated admission team is just a phone call away at 918-612-5036 and ready to introduce you to The University of Tulsa online experience. They’re also available via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After submitting your completed application, including all required admission materials, you can expect a response from our admission team typically within 48-72 business hours.
Official transcripts from each college attended are required for admission to undergraduate programs. Conditional admittance to undergraduate and graduate programs may be granted with unofficial transcripts, but we must receive your official transcripts from each college attended by the end of the first semester.
The following tables show the tuition cost per credit hour for each program:
Online M.S. in Cyber Security Tuition
|Core Credit Hours
|Cost per Credit Hour
|Total Tuition Cost
Online Nursing Programs Tuition
|Core Credit Hours
|Cost per Credit Hour
|RN to BSN
|RN to MSN
Textbooks are included in the cost of tuition for undergraduate programs. The University of Tulsa offers payment plans of up to six-month installments.
*ABSN Applicants: Please note that the total credit hours required may vary based on your individual official transcript evaluations.
**RN to BSN Applicants: Please note that the total credit hours required may vary based on your individual official transcript evaluations and professional portfolio credit worksheet.
***Students who complete the BSN program receive priority admission to the online MSN program at the BSN rate.
Additional Program Fees
All Nursing Programs
A $150 deposit, applicable toward tuition, is due upon enrollment to TU online nursing programs.
A $42 fee for a 10-panel drug screening scheduled via the GroupOne portal. The screening results must be uploaded into TracPrac before attending the skills bootcamp.
ABSN students are required to hold professional liability insurance and health insurance for clinicals. The liability insurance fee is $25 per semester. If needed, the University can assist students in acquiring health insurance.
The following material fees are required to participate in the on-campus skills bootcamp (NSG 2111):
- $350 course fee that covers necessary nurse kit supplies, including stethoscope, blood pressure cuff, pen light, Foley catheter kit, sterile gloves, syringes, IV start kit, and miscellaneous items such as bandages, gauze, and tape.
- Scrubs (around $55) and white lab coat (around $30), which you must order and receive through Raley Scrubs before bootcamp begins. TU students are eligible for 20% off scrubs and lab coat purchases. Student discount details will be provided upon admission.
- All students will receive one free TU School of Nursing name badge during bootcamp. Replacement badges are $10 each.
- A $60 application fee
- A $60 application fee
- A $75 annual fee to register for TracPrac and a one-time fee of $50 for Clinical Wallet. You must pay and register at least one week prior to the first day of classes.
- A $42 fee for a 10-panel drug screening scheduled via the GroupOne portal. The screening results must be uploaded into TracPrac before starting clinicals.
- A subscription fee of approximately $150 for MedCram, an online library of instructional medical videos. This discounted subscription includes a three-year, all-access package. The program director will provide additional instructions for creating your MedCram account before classes begin.
- AGACNP students are required to hold professional liability insurance and health insurance for clinicals. The liability insurance fee is $25 per semester. If needed, the University can assist students in acquiring health insurance.
You must pay all educational expenses for the semester in which they are incurred before that semester begins. The University of Tulsa offers payment plans of up to six-month installments. The earlier you enroll at TU, the longer you have to participate in a payment plan.
The University of Tulsa offers five start dates for online programs. Entry to the AGACNP certificate program is offered in Fall and Spring semesters.
Fall I: August 21-October 15, 2023
Fall II: October 16-December 10, 2023
Spring I: January 15-March 10, 2024
Spring II: March 11-May 5, 2024
Summer: May 27-July 21, 2024
Since 1929, The University of Tulsa has continuously held accreditation from the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). Additionally, various entities within the university, including programs, departments, and schools, maintain accreditation through specialized agencies.
The online M.S. in Cyber Security is accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) — the world’s leading accreditation body in the disciplines of applied science, computing, and engineering.
The Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) and Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN) programs are fully accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). The ABSN and RN to BSN have also received program approval by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing.
The Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) is pending Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) accreditation.
The Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP) certificate is a candidate for accreditation by ACEN and approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing.
The University of Tulsa’s programs are offered by the School of Nursing at The Oxley College of Health and Natural Sciences. The School of Nursing is a member of the National League for Nursing and the American Association of Colleges of Nursing.
Want to hear more about online programs at The University of Tulsa?
Fill out the form below, and an admission counselor will reach out to you via email or phone with more information. After you’ve completed the form, you’ll be automatically redirected to learn more about TU and your chosen program.
or call +1 (918) 612-5036
By submitting this form, I am providing my digital signature that The University of Tulsa may email me or contact me regarding educational services by telephone and/or text message utilizing automated technology at the telephone number provided above. I understand this consent is not a condition to attend The University of Tulsa or to purchase any other goods or services.